"For verily I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled" Matthew 5:18 (KJV)

Thursday, June 7, 2012

A NEW HEAVEN AND A NEW EARTH

I can't believe it has been almost a month since my last blog entry.  Where does the time go?  Well a lot of my time was spent on the beach at Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.  I will post about that trip in the next few days.

Now I simply must share a conversation I overheard in the backseat Sunday as we came home from Sunday School.  In the backseat were my two precious granddaughters, Presleigh age 5 and Sydney age 4.

Me:  What did you learn in Sunday School today?
P:  Jonah and the Whale
S:  Baby Moses
P:  Oh yeah - his mom put him in a basket and he floated down the river.
P:  I want to see Moses in Heaven
S:  If he is in Heaven
P.  Oh, he's in Heaven
S:  How do you know?
P:  Because he was a friend of God.

Here's were I wanted to intervene with Scripture knowledge and tell how God met Moses on the mountain and when Moses died God buried him where no one would know.  But, thankfully I listened to the Holy Spirit and kept my "holy" mouth shut.

S:  I want to go to heaven
P:  Me, too. I want to pet all the animals.
S:  But not the hippos, they would bite. (Her favorite animal is the hippopotamus!)
P:  Not when heaven comes down.  When heaven comes down to the earth all the animals will get along, even the hippos.
S:  When heaven comes down won't it squash the trees and everything?
P:  No it's coming down to go over everything here.  A new heaven and a new earth. 
S:  I think it will squash everything.
P:  No it won't. It will fit over and everything will be new.

Then they were off on to another story.

Oh my goodness!  It took 55 years and lots of Scripture study for me to understand the concept of a New Heaven and a New Earth and this precious 5 year old has it figured out!  Praise be to God!

"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea" Revelation 21:1

If you want some great summer reading and deep insight into this subject I suggest Randy Alcorn's book HEAVEN.  A MUST read!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment